Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What we already knew...

Taking mushrooms will mess you up and may be one of the most significant experiences of your life?!  And here I thought they were just fun on a sunny day...

WSJ.com - Go Ask Alice: Mushroom Drug Is Studied Anew

Week long hiatus in Massachusetts and NYC was awesome.  I realize that I really do like a slightly slower life.  Then again maybe is was the never at home feeling I had as I stayed at a different place almost every night I was there.  For the first time I wanted to go back to Rochester sooner than I had planned.  After I had a horrendous back pull/spasm (not sure what it was) I was pretty down for not doing anything at all. I recovered thanks to the awesome powers of Excedrin (that isht is awesome) and felt pretty good for the next few days. I spent sometime with my parents. Oddly, I felt like it wasn't enough after I left.  It was really strange, most of the time I stay there I feel like I want out, when I only spent a little time there I felt like I got jipped.  Weird.  Also once the high speed internet was working I was pretty fine with not going anywhere. I did and had some pretty cool times with old old friends and some new friends.  I was back in Rocha Friday where my weekend was filled with exhaustion, fustration, and a little depression to complete the trifecta.  All in all it wasn't bad.  I returned to work in a generally relaxed state (which is the point of any vacation) which will probably wear off by weeks end.  More stories to come, and maybe some pictures after I develope this film (you read right, develope film).

No comments: