Monday, June 26, 2006

A Rape In Cyberspace...from 1993.

I encountered the reference to this Village Voice piece in an article on Slate's website during their 10 year anniversary.  It's a fairly long tale of a virtual rape which intrigued me enough to read to the end.  Reading this now in 2006, I can only think of the type of reaction that it had at the time versus the type of reaction it will receive today as you read it from the future of computing and social networking sites.  I implore you to read it as any significant technophile will find it a decent read if not extremely more pertinant in our now decidely information age.  Check it.  If the link does not work type in the seach string "a rape in cyberspace"  (sans quotes) and you should be able to find it.  Tell me what you think.

No comments: