Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tons of Funs

Lot of juicy and unbelievable articles today, so I will just link and use short comments. Got lots of work to do but I want to share some of this stuff with you.

-This month is the 10 year anniversary of the mp3 player. I definitely remember my buddy and I back in 1996 or '97 (can't remember now) talking about how dope this new "mp3 format" was going to be. I even made a mix tape (yes analogue) from a few mp3's that I had collected. I actually can't believe even at that time I was trying to own my digital media, I guess I have been down with pirating from the start.

-Apparently Apple's new Macbook Air is causing some security trouble at a few airports. Apparently is has already caused one guy to miss his flight. My questions: Do these people have TV's? How have you not seen one commercial about this product? Should we be trusting these dolts who believe "The lack of standard features causes a security concern" with our security?

-Battlebots is making a comeback! Along with futurama this is some very good news.

-Comcast might finally get its comeuppance if the FCC decides to take some undefined action against them. Or maybe they will just get a stern talking to from the governmental regulatory body. I would just like to say if an individual did something like this (stalling or dropping of information over a connection that is supposed to be undisturbed) I think they would already be in jail by now. I love how corporations get all the benefits but none of the drawbacks of being an "individual".

-The IFPI is considering taking the road that is currently being traveled by the RIAA here in the states. I hope they expect to become the target of public scorn and ridicule as well.

Discuss...

No comments: