Friday, May 25, 2007

Now, Where did I put my bell-bottoms?

Also known as euro dance or just 80's dance to me, I stumbled onto this genre recently through a chick that is notably not Italian. Sally Shapiro does not look anything like you might guess from her airy, spacey vocals which no doubt adds to her image as a self professed "shy" girl. Italo disco purists would say that I simply found some more Euro dance music, but since the genre was actually described in the review of Sally Shapiro's album as "Italo Disco" I would beg to differ. I have always been a huge fan of dance and house music, so this brand of Euro disco is some of the best shit I have run into recently. I think I am going to have to buy some shiny shirts and maybe a gold chain to successfully rock this the right way. Take a listen to some of Ms. Shapiro's work, it's wonderfully cheesy.

No comments: