Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm Back!

After a long long hiatus, I am back in the saddle. My fall rugby season will soon be over and with it the constant pain my body is in will vanish, or at least subside. It has been a sweet run, and there is a possibility we might make the playoffs. If that happens I will probably be playing until sometime in November, but only time will tell if that will happen. Along with my rugby commitment, work has also been really stressful and busy. Not productive and fun busy, but stupid busy. It's difficult to describe the difference between the two, but essentially I am not developing some phat new project or testing some hot new camera, just fixing messes and rushing to get things done that shouldn't really be completed in the time frame given. I guess that's why they pay me the big bucks, c'est la vie...

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote. I have moved around the corner from my old house and not only inherited and upstairs and 30" widescreen TV (thanks Herbert) but a much cooler landlord and cool roommates who live in the other half of our house (they also happen to be my rugby teammates as well, so you can imagine how that is going). It has really been a blast living there so far. I am even closer to my favorite bar now (Prepps, they just got Wi-Fi. Yes a bar with wi-fi), and am still living around the yuppie but cool park ave area. And while I just move around in Rochester, a really good friend and long time lover (just kidding C-Dawg) is moving away. She thinks that if she leaves here her life will be better what with the nice Florida weather. Hurricanes and storms are much worse than a lot of snow in my opinion, so I will take what I know. I wish her the best the luck in her new life, and expect to see her back here within a few months, another victim of the curse of Rochester. Many people try to leave this place only to realize it was pretty nice when they were here. I will point you to this article in USA Today (a.k.a "McNews") about a random trip to Rochester that a travel reporter took. Shining reviews are the best and this one is pretty bright. If anyone wants to come and visit and have me prove to them the good times that can be had here, please be my guest.

I recently secured a new Camera, the Kodak V550. I have wanted this camera since the day I saw it. After being involved in a 2 week camera study using the thing, I realized I had to have it, and after a $90 Kodak discount realized that it should already be in my pocket, so expect more shots of my antics while I am out painting the town red now that my camera fits comfortably in my pocket. If I could post video here I would, but maybe in the future. For those expecting some news stories, you will have to wait till my next entry. I just decided to leave this one as a re-intro to my blog since I have been reading a lot of stories about other peoples blogs and did not want this to turn into my much loved AOL webpage, (see first entry) I decided I better keep up with this thing. See ya...

No comments: